Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Germ Sandwhich

Today at work, one of my coworkers who was not feeling well yesterday, did not show up today because he was out on Jury Duty. Another coworker of mine we shall call her A, went over to go use his computer in order to use a specific program. However, before using it, she made sure to wipe the keyboard with lysol wipes and spray all the dust out from between the keys.
This got a whole discussion about germs started that I thought was really interesting, and of course I got a little riled up about.
After making fun of A. another coworker B started talking about what she does when she goes on vacation. B said that whenever going on a vacation she brings flip flops for the shower.
Anyone reading this that has ever gone to YU knows that flip flops are sometimes a necessity, and therefore I had no right to make fun of her for that since it is a completely valid worry.
We all have seen those documentaries on TV when they show footage of hotel rooms, and the sheets so we have all seen what can happen.
But then B kept going. She went on to say that when she is in a hotel she makes sure to bring Ziploc bags to put the remote controls in in order for her to use the TV.
ARE YOU SERIOUS???????
Where does she think people are putting those remotes, I can think of some inapropriate places but none of them sound like it would be comfortable to place there.
Just try not to lick the remote when your hungry and I think you should be ok from catching the clap.
I couldnt help but make fun of her for this. How can you ever enjoy a vacation if you are always thinking wat germs may be on everything you touch.
Take New Yorkers for example. At first we all though it was gross to go on the subway. Everytime we touched one of those poles to make sure we dont land in the lap of a smelly homeless guy, we made sure to have purell on us at all times to clean up.
But after long enough you just kinda get used to it. Yes I know many of you still use purell after each subway ride, but all those others can admit, we jsut kinda gave in to the fact that if we didnt get sick last time then my purel bottle was empty then I wont get sick this time, Ill just wash my hands when I get home. Then you forget to do that also, you eat dinner and low and behold everything is fine in the end. You dont have an STD from the metal poll. (except for that one time)
Tell me if im wrong, and granted I have no scientific proof to this, but TRUE or FALSE there are more people nowadyas with allergies.?
I cant help but think the answer to this is true. How mnay people do you know that are allergic to Peanut Butter, or nuts, or have Oral Allergy Syndrome, or allergic to dust.
After doing a tiny and when i say tiny, i mean the size of a mouse's u know wat, I have learned that most allergies come from being exposed to somethign that you are not used to. If you are exposed to poison Ivy enough your body will just treat it like any other leaf.
We need to let our kids roll around in the mud all day. Force peanut butter when they are kids instead of thinking maybe they are allergic so we should keep it away from them.
I feel bad for all of you with allergies, I am sure it sucks, and there really is nothing you can do but just live with it and hope you dont find out your allergic to anything else. Who knows, you could be at a waterpark having a great time and then all of the sudden break out in hives and not be able to breathe and then noone can figure out what your allergic too.
Damn those Honey nut cheerios.
But just dont make things worse by preventing your body from being exposed to new things, theres only one way to learn if you will be able to handle the germs on a remote control, and trust me that is not by using a plastic bag.
You may as well walk around in a bubble all day. (bubble boy, awful movie)

Aight so not really sure why people will be entertained by this, but you never know. Just keep reading all the posts to make sure you dont become allergic to them. The more exposure to this the better, your body will build up the ability to find me funny and amusing.

AC

1 comment:

  1. my question is was there always a peanut allergy and we didn;t know what it was? Like 20-80 years ago did people have birthday parties with pb sandwiches and the next day Billy didn't come to school because he dropped dead? Or are kids just pussies these days?

    Also, 99% positive you can't get the clap from putting something filthy near your mouth and not your crotch. I'm not an expert, but if someone is an expert than let me know

    ReplyDelete